Stronger Foundations: Reflect. Recover. Renew.
25 – 26 November 2020
In an unprecedented year, the ACF Virtual Annual Conference 2020 was a unique opportunity to gather as a sector and take stock. We explored what impacts the Covid-19 crisis had on us all, what was learnt in the first nine months of the pandemic and what our future considerations need to be.
Catch up with On Demand content
- Replay all speaker permitted Zoom recordings
- Review panel discussions at your own pace
- View member session and Official Partner slides
- Hear reactions to audience questions and chat
- Listen to sector insights again
- Learn from your peers’ experiences
- Share with internal colleagues to help shape the future
- Experience the new Stronger Foundation toolset
“Incredibly well organised, creatively presented with a very good mix of provocations, presentations, panels and Q&As from some very high quality speakers”
Conference participant 2020
Key speakers included:
- Sufina Ahmad, Director, John Ellerman Foundation
- Rushanara Ali, MP, APPG on Philanthropy and Social Investment
- Baroness Diana Barran, Minister for Civil Society
- Yvonne Field, Executive Director, Ubele Initiative
- Anna Fowlie, Chief Executive, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Danny Kruger, MP
- Baroness Eliza Manningham-Buller, Chair, Wellcome Trust
- Will Moy, Director, Full Fact
- Simon Parker, former Director of Strategy, Redbridge Borough Council
- Paul Ramsbottom, Chief Executive, Wolfson Foundation
- Hetan Shah, Chief Executive, The British Academy
- Danielle Walker Palmour, Director, Friends Provident Foundation
- Rebecca Willis, Expert Lead, Climate Assembly UK
- Rachel Wolf, Founding Partner, Public First
Plus, multiple ACF member and Official Partner contributors
across 12 dedicated sessions!
10:00 AM – 4:00PM, plus social 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Stopping to reflect since Covid-19 struck, we explored:
- How foundations and civil society have responded to the pandemic
- How foundations are working in the initial phase of the recovery period
- Evidence and ideas to uncover what’s working well and what needs to change
- How foundations, the sector, and wider civil society should be responding
10:00 AM – 4:40 PM
Moving forward, the agenda challenged audiences to consider:
- The lasting impacts of Covid-19
- What do economic and societal changes mean for civil society?
- How can foundations adapt and evolve to stay ahead?
- Can foundations maximise the impact they make in the future?
- How the ACF Stronger Foundations project can best support the sector